I was vacuuming the house and the vacuum was making a weird noise, I thought to myself, I probably need to empty the canister of dirt. I am embarrassed to say that I never do this. I just keep vacuuming and my husband will come into the room and say, that needs to be emptied and he’ll take it out to the garbage, however he was mowing the grass so I needed to deal with it. I unhooked the canister of dirt from the vacuum and carried it outside to put it in the garbage. I looked at the canister for the release button and saw it and put my finger on it so I could be ready and all of a sudden it opened up and dumped the dirt all over the driveway, right behind my car! The canister was full of dirt and broken glass. I was concerned about the glass being right behind my car, I didn’t want to run over it and have a flat tire. I surely didn’t want my husband and neighbors to see my mess! I ran to get a dustpan and broom. I kept sweeping but couldn’t seem to get all of it up, especially the glass slivers. I started to think about how life it like this, with our emotions, anger, thoughts and the dirt we pick up and how we just keeping going, like me vacuuming and not emptying the canister.
Our bodies like the canister needs ways to release, empty the dirt and emotions out. Sometimes we want others to do it for us, or we dump it all over others when we really don’t want them to see it or even know about it but like I did, it just got dumped out for the world to see! Wow! What a valuable lesson this pile of dirt has just shown me, I thought to myself. It seems to me that we are always working on some of the same lessons, they keep coming up until we learn this lesson. Like a little sliver of glass, they prick or hurt us until we learn to finally pull it out of our bodies and let it go. What are some ways to empty the canister and keep the dirt from building up (so we don’t run over it and get a flat tire) so we can be open to receive more of the good stuff and have a clean start!
Ways to empty the canister:
- Heart Breathing –put your hand on your heart, breath in and out through the heart and focus on gratitude
- Nature-go outside and put your feet on the ground and soak up the energy
- Take a bath in Epsom salt
- Just see yourself letting it go
- Compassionate abiding- breathe in whatever you are feeling, let yourself feel it fully, then breathe in compassion
- Get some body work such as reiki, massage, acupuncture, craniosacral therapy and others
- Get a coach or mentor to hold you accountability to emotional management and healthy lifestyle changes
Let me know if I can help http://www.inspirewellness.net/free-consultation.